Like a clean slate, I'm starting the week off with white. People often describe white rooms as calming, but it's an energizing color for me. It's clarifying and helps me think and organize for the day or week.
And yes, it's quiet. Opening up your eyes to white soothes you while it wakes you up at the same time.
The coffee table got piled even higher over the weekend. I picked up Christina Strutt's (Cabbages & Roses) A Guide to Natural Housekeeping as much for the photos as for the sensible advice. In the intro she refers to herself as an "eco worrier", but one might describe her more as an eco warrior! I have yet to read it, but I skimmed the "Caring for antiques" section and already learned that storing silverware with a piece of chalk tucked in prevents tarnishing.
While doing a little of my own housekeeping I couldn't help but notice the play of white textures in this corner. The knitted pillow covers have just been washed and are ready to put back on the pillows. Folks think that the down side of living with white is that it shows dirt. But that's a good thing! You can have things clean more often. But believe me, I am no housecleaning nut.
It's so much easier to toss something into the wash than to keep cleaning upholstery. Especially with cats and kids!
A little white still life cheers me up. . .
I also wanted to show you the soft damask dinner napkins with a family monogram that I found yesterday. Seven for three dollars. . . . Now, who could walk past that!?
I hope you enjoy this fresh new week. Always so much to do!
Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a word with me!
I am still working at getting back to all of you.
Jacqueline
Join me at

0 Yorumlar