Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Busman's Holiday, Revisited.

Richard and I did it again. Well, we went back and looked at the Northampton game from a few days ago. The game didn't run as Richard had expected, and we had some fairly wild dice swings, and he wanted to step through the action, taking hits based upon probability rather than dice rolling.


I played the Yorkists, and followed my own advice. I marched down the road promptly in March Column, shielded by the cavalry off screen to the left.


I then swung round in sequence, and headed off across Delapre Park in a slight echelon, aiming to hit the fortification in sequence from left to right.


I took a little bit of damage from archery and the cannon firing. I focussed on shooting up the Lancastrian right and centre, leaving the unit on one end with the possible traitor untouched.


In we went, Fauconberg first. It was a tough first round of fighting...


...then Warwick piled in...


...followed by March, and Grey turned traitor and it was all over.

We punctuated the game with some long discussions, and rounded it off with more. There are real challenges with wargaming this battle, and I think we concluded it would work best as a solo game, with the Lancastrians on auto pilot.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar